On 7 May, Aidan was again joined by Alex Leemon, our Demand Response Lead to provide an overview on the key takeaways from April. They discussed the demand, prices and what it means for businesses looking to renew their energy contract.
- 0:00 – Introduction to On the Spot: An April lookback
- 1:27 – Who are Flow Power?
- 2:15 – What we’ll be focusing on in this On the Spot
- 3:14 – Asking the audience why energy prices are low
- 5:15 – Looking at the energy demand over April
- 11:55 – And the energy supply over April
- 16:39 – Spot market prices are low in April
- 20:29 – ASX Futures market snapshot
- 26:10 – Customer impact
- 28:00 – Asking the audience when the ASX Futures market will bottom
- 30:06 – Questions and Answers
- 41:16 – Conclusions
Watch the recording here:
What opportunity does this provide for customers?
As prices are on a downward trend and were the lowest in four years this April, businesses looking to renew their energy contract can make the most of these low spot prices through a wholesale energy contract in the short term, or even the long term if their business situation allows them.
To stay ahead of the energy market, no matter where you are, register for On the Spot below: