On 23 April, Nathaniel and Aidan were joined by Alex Leemon, our Demand Response Lead for our second On the Spot update. Our experts looked back at summer and how this is impacting the market today.
- 0:00 – 2:02 – Introduction to On the Spot
- 2:05 – Who are Flow Power?
- 3:29 – Understanding our audience through a poll
- 6:20 – What we’re covering in this On the Spot update
- 7:45 – A look back on the hottest days over summer: RERT
- 15:15 – An overview of FCAS
- 17:15 – Costs of FCAS Recovery in South Australia
- 25:57 – Questions and Answers
- 33:20 – Conclusions
Watch the recording here:
This summer was different from the last.
Across summer ’20, we saw:
- Five separate days that RERT was called
- RERT was required in New South Wales for the first time in its history
- A lower volume of RERT was activated
This indicates that the reserve gas supply was smaller than in previous summers, even though its cost is high. This suggests RERT providers are getting smarter about how they manage contracts.
To stay ahead of the energy market, no matter where you are, register for On the Spot below: