In On the Spot on 28 May, Nathaniel and Stephen were joined by Manuel Weirich from GreenPower. They continued the discussion on large-scale renewable certificates (LGCs) with a focus on sustainability drivers for businesses.
- 1:52 – What we’ll be covering in this On the Spot update
- 7:50 – Asking our audience about their business’ sustainability drivers
- 12:20 – Relating it back to our energy matrix
- 13:10 – A recap of renewable claims
- 18:36 – The difference between renewables through a PPA and surrendering LGCs or buying GreenPower
- 23:18 – The flow of renewable claims
- 28:35 – Questions and answers
- 40:50 – Conclusions
Watch the recording here:
How can your business match its sustainability goals to its renewable claims?
The most important step is to clearly outline why you want to source your energy from renewable sources. Your business may wish to support the local community, the pipeline of renewable projects in Australia or to meet its emission reduction goals. That means you’ll have a better idea of what claims to make and how to communicate them to your stakeholders.
To stay ahead of the energy market, no matter where you are, register for On the Spot below: