An Australian tomato grower has been buying power better with Flow Power since 2013. Their busiest season falls across Summer and Autumn when they heavily irrigate to keep their tomatoes fresh and cool. All that growing uses a lot of power!
Before finding us, the grower was looking for a solution that would:
- Get power costs back under control
- Compliment their tomato growing seasonality
- Connect to the real power price.
Power Up Plan
With wholesale retailer Flow Power, they are now connected to the signals of the power market, and have got their power costs in control because they have the right tools.
Across the first half of 2018, the grower paid 17% less for power on wholesale compared to a fixed contract.
The grower now uses Flow Power’s Power Up plan throughout the year to keep costs down:
- At their busiest times they use the Ceiling to get price certainty, whilst still accessing the lows
of the wholesale market.
- The grower uses the kWatch® market monitoring module in their quieter seasons where they receive SMS and email notifications from Flow Power to let them know when they need to take action.
- At other times when they are busy, Flow Power’s kWatch® Controller assists with automatic load management and adjustments.
Saved thousands in power cost
Price certainty with a ceiling
A power plan for each year that flexes with their energy need.